Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ant Hill

  
                                                         Ant Hill
You know what else I do at recess besides the crystal crew? I protect ants!


It all started at first recess, 9:37, Trinity,Nathan and me were wondering what to do, then we saw Evan and Jillian. "what are you doing?'' asked Nathan. "feeding the ants" replied Jillian and Evan. "Why on Earth would you feed ants!" yelled Trinity. "They love cheerios and pretzels" said Jillian,smiling (she knew that Trinity loathed cheerios and pretzels). Trinity looked at her pretzels and cheerios "I love ants!" she exclaimed "um... where is the ant hill?'' I asked. "Over there" said Evan.


               Every day, we'd feed the ants, and then make crystals to build a wall for the ant hill.                                                                   
The End

9 comments:

  1. those ants r so lucky becoz they r being feeded by u guys. Ant Hill HUH i have got a new name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ananya,Your blog is very lnteresting to watch.Ant Hlll is a nice article.Although ants are very small creatures there are many things we can learn if we closely observe their behavior.Ants always work collectively.They work relentlessly hard.You never find them lazy. Whether it is the work of building their homes or collection of food or to face an enemy as big as a Snake,They never hesitate to face the task seeing its hugeness or the volume of work. They take up the task with proper planning collectively,sinking minor differences,if any,among them and work hard with courage and determination to achieve the desired goals.--Tata,Gwalior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! Every time I see an ant, it is carrying food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why did u choose only ANT's & nothing else???? those ANTS r really lucky becoz they r being feed by u guys???

      Delete
  4. hey...this reminds me of my childhood.
    i used to have a lot of fun building bridges between anthills with twigs and then watching the little red ants move across those.
    of course, there used to be the occasional bite or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ants are mightier than a snake. Did you know this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually yes! (surprising isn't it?)
      We used to have a poem in Telugu in school, which said exactly this!!
      I guess it's because ants work in a team and they have strength in numbers, while a snake is a solitary creature.

      Hey, did you know that ants are one of the most fearsome insects on earth? There is a group of ant species called 'Army ants' which literally march on and on and just eat everything in their way!!

      Delete