Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mars

                                                                MARS
    I am doing a Mars project. Do you know what my favorite thing about Mars is? The Mars Rovers! The link below this is a Mars website. Click on it, and do research about your favorite thing about Mars.

Mars Facts

Post a comment and I'll see which top two comments have the most detail. Then I'll send you an E-mail quiz. Whoever gets the most answers correct,will get an E-mail from me about rovers.  Put your name at the end of the comment, so I know who you are. I will send the quiz the next week after I decided of the top 2,and the rover E-mail the next week after that.

      In this website, there are no facts you like,go to a different Mars website.

HOPE YOU ARE ONE OF THE TOP TWO, AND YOU WIN THE QUIZ!

6 comments:

  1. I remember watching a number of videos about Mars rovers. There were numerous failed attempts before they successfully launched Spirt and Opportunity. I believe, the previous attempts failed, because the Rovers did not land properly. Mars, as we all know has a very rough terrain and also a very severe variation in the temperature in its atmosphere. THese two factors caused the Rovers to explode on entrance into the Martiam atmosphere. The Spirt and Opportunity missions were successful as they came with a novel idea of launching the rovers into the atmosphere with specially deviced parachutes. They performed various stress tests to ensure that the Parachutes withstood rough terrain and high temeperatures. Hence the building of the special parachutes is the most interesting fact that I like. But for the parachutes, the mission would not have been successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that you are going to be one of the top 2!

      Delete
  2. Mars is planetwe can notlive there.THe atmosphereis not suitable


    ammamma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Mars because it itred in colour Ilike red very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mars is the third planet in our Solar System. It is one of the few planets that we can actually see in the night sky; unlike Venus, which is one of the brightest spots in the night sky, Mars can be recognized by its dull red glow. This is why it is called the 'Red Planet'. Mars was named after the Roman god of war. It has two moons - Deimos (meaning terror) and Phobos (meaning fear), which of course, are the consequences of war :)

    Mars, scientists believe, has the highest likelihood of life after Earth, but its atmosphere consists of 95% Carbon Dioxide, which does not support life as we know it. However, we are discovering more and more microorganisms which actually do not need oxygen to survive, and hence improves the expectancy of life on Mars.

    This is therefore, one of the prime objectives of sending out rovers to Mars.

    (Hope I win it :P)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, you will be in the same place as my mom.

    ReplyDelete